Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

Various bits and pieces of spin

God's self-appointed spokesmen speak again

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war."
-Pat Robertson, advocating the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. God could not be reached for comment on this matter, but I suspect He disagrees with Robertson's position.

"Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure."
-Clear Channel talk show host Glenn Beck.



Numbers - Boring, yet fun

54% - The portion of the American population who thinks it was a mistake to invade Iraq.

51% - The portion of Americans who approve of President Bush's overall performance, according to the latest Gallup poll.

45% - The share of Americans who think Bush is actually doing something worth a damn about anything.

I read the other day that Al Franken and Air America radio are really doing badly. I was saddened at first, but with numbers like these coming in, I don't guess we left-wingers really need our own propaganda machine. Right-wingers have made it so easy for us, it's almost not sporting to bash them.

$2.61 - The average cost of a gallon of unleaded in America last week. I hope the admittedly small minority among SUV drivers who once acted so smug, in-your-face and gleeful about the political incorrectness of their choice of vehicle are enjoying themselves as they fill up their Escalades and Expeditions these days. So much for the pundits who said Americans would be undeterred by any gas price.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?